A Special Thank You to Our Staff and Addiction Care Workers Everywhere on National Addiction Professionals Day
Dominic NicosiaSeptember 20, 2020
Today marks 2020 National Addiction Professionals Day, an event established by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) to honor the unparalleled contributions of addiction treatment workers at every level. While the critically essential roles these professionals play in saving lives should be celebrated every day and every year, treatment complications created by the COVID-19 pandemic and increases in overdose deaths last year shine a particularly bright light on their importance in 2020
In a year that’s testing everyone’s mental health, and the strength of the fabric of modern addiction care and relapse prevention tools, addiction care professionals continue to represent the difference between ongoing substance use and long-term recovery. From the doctors and nurses that help you or your loved one overcome your withdrawal symptoms to the therapists and counselors that help you develop coping mechanisms to the support staff that makes the often-difficult treatment experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, they do their jobs with deeply inspirational enthusiasm, selflessness, compassion and expertise.
For our own part, Recovery Unplugged simply couldn’t do what we do without the efforts of our committed and qualified treatment staff. Our team works in close coordination across all of our locations to provide our clients a seamless continuum of care, while helping them discover how music can be a game-changing resource in the treatment process. In case we don’t say it enough, we would like to thank our addiction professionals for making Recovery Unplugged a unique, respected and distinguished difference maker in the behavioral landscape, and committing yourselves 100 percent to each and every client that comes through our doors…we truly couldn’t do it without you.
Download the 2020 Addiction Professionals Day Outreach Toolkit for information about this national day of recognition that you can include in newsletters or other mailings, as well as sample social media posts and sharable graphics.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Mental Health Rehab
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?