Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Visits Recovery Unplugged
We were pleased to have a lifetime friend to Richie, Steven Tyler, who was in Florida to visit the Recovery Unplugged drug rehab center yesterday. Steven and Richie’s history goes all the way back to the 70’s, playing music and causing a raucous in New York. As their fame grew, the availability of drugs grew, and the glamorous rock-and-roll party lifestyle took hold. Both men are known around the world as notorious party animals. Richie and Steven shared stories with the clients about their experiences on the road, dealing with their addictions, and the subsequent bottom their respective consequences brought them. Steven Tyler’s rehab experiences were on full display as he discussed his own battle with addiction.
The main focus of the day though: recovery. Both Steven and Richie are two of the most passionate people when it comes to recovery, queue the music and the duo have so much love and compassion to share. They talked about what it was like to have everything and lose it to addiction to drugs and alcohol. Together they sang some of Richie Supa’s recovery songs like “Good Intentions” and “Last House on the Block”, and they also played a few of the hits they wrote together like “Pink” and “Amazing”. They had fun with the clients, letting a vocalist get up and sing while Steven played the bongos. After sharing a beautiful message of hope, Steven greeted clients and took pictures with everyone. Steven was well received by the clients, saying “He was so down to earth,” and, “wow, he really loves spreading the message of recovery”.
Steven Tyler and Recovery Unplugged were happy to work together to spread the message of music-based addiction treatment to our clients.
We take our music-focused treatment for addiction very seriously, so we are going to hold our content to the same precision standards. Recovery Unplugged’s editorial process involves our editing safeguard and our ideals. Read our Editorial Process.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?