Finding A Vivitrol® Provider in Florida
Vivitrol® (monthly injectable naltrexone) has emerged as a viable option for medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid addiction. Vivitrol is a non-narcotic, non-addictive form of the drug naltrexone that works by blocking opioid molecules from binding to receptors in the brain that are responsible for the development of addiction and dependency. Vivitrol is also often used to treat alcohol addiction.
The blocking of opioids from these receptors helps to reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms. Vivitrol poses a significantly reduced risk of addiction compared to other opioid maintenance therapy drugs, such as Suboxone® (buprenorphine and naloxone) and methadone. Data from the National Institute on Drug Abuse indicates that monthly Vivitrol injections can be just as effective as a daily buprenorphine pill. If you or someone you care about are one of the many Floridians struggling with illicit or prescription opioid abuse, here are some important things you should know about finding a Vivitrol provider in Florida.
While it’s an effective means of treating opioid use disorder, Vivitrol may not work for everyone. In order to be eligible for treatment, you or your loved one must:
- Be Free of Opioids in Your System after a Seven to 14-Day Detox
- Not Be Experiencing Significant Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Have Your Dosage Prepared and Prescribed by A Qualified Physician
- Pass the Naloxone (Narcan®) Challenge Test or Have a Positive Urine Screen for Opioids
- Undergo Behavioral Rehab and Therapy
Vivitrol therapy is not meant to replace any aspect of treatment and should occur alongside detox, rehab and ongoing therapy for opioid addiction. It is not advisable for those with hypersensitivity to naltrexone, polylactide-co-glycolide (PLG), carboxymethylcellulose, or any other components of the diluent. Some of the immediate side effects of Vivitrol include, but are not limited to:
- Headache and Migraine
- Dizziness and Nausea
- Vomiting and Diarrhea
- Decreased Appetite
- Joint and Muscle Pain and Cramping
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Insomnia and Sleep Issues
Talk to your healthcare provider about any new or worsening symptoms you experience and if symptoms linger for longer than you think they should. Most Vivitrol programs last for at least one year and may be extended, depending on progress and ongoing care needs.
Finding a Vivitrol provider in Florida starts by getting a prescription and a full examination from a doctor, whether it’s your primary care physician or the doctor at your addiction treatment center. Vivitrol offers a directory of local Florida Vivitrol providers in Fort Lauderdale and throughout the rest of the state to facilitate access. It’s helpful to get your Vivitrol injection at a facility where a healthcare provider is present so you can talk to them about any changes or symptoms you may be experiencing. Talking to your doctor, or at least a physician’s assistant whenever possible, will help you stay informed and be better engaged in your care journey. One of the primary benefits of Vivitrol is that it does not cause withdrawal, and thus, requires no tapering.
Your health insurance plan will often cover at least part of your Vivitrol treatment, but the scope of coverage is dependent on your specific care plan and tier. Vivitrol is typically covered by Medicaid, but eligibility requirements may vary from state to state. Contact your doctor or prospective treatment provider to get a full picture of your insurance coverage options, and to find out if your plan covers therapy. The Vivitrol Co-pay Savings Program covers up to $500/month of co-pay or deductible expenses for eligible patients with a VIVITROL prescription.
Recovery Unplugged is a trusted and reputable Vivitrol provider in Florida, with locations in Fort Lauderdale and Lake Worth. Our treatment centers are staffed with experienced and qualified doctors and nurses who are trained to monitor your withdrawal symptoms and case history and your corresponding eligibility for Vivitrol therapy. Recovery Unplugged is a full-service treatment provider offering a comprehensive continuum of care with:
- Medically Supervised Detox – Withdrawal management before Vivitrol therapy by trained medical professionals who can make you or your loved one as comfortable as possible and can intervene in the event of a medical emergency.
- Behavioral Rehab and Counseling – Comprehensive and compassionate behavioral therapy to help you or your loved one address and manage the psychological origins and sustaining factors of your opioid abuse.
While Vivitrol can be a game-changing resource for many who are struggling with opioid addiction, it’s not a “magic bullet” for long-term recovery. Recovery from opioids is a lifelong endeavor that starts with comprehensive treatment for each element of addiction. Recovery Unplugged is one of the most trusted and reputable Vivitrol providers in Florida, but perhaps more importantly, we offer intuitive and compassionate treatment to help you overcome your addiction. Contact us today to start your healing and recovery.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?