Recovery Unplugged CEO Dines with the Governor
On April 27, Governor Rick Scott hosted a dinner event entitled Judicial Appointments and the JNC. Among those in attendance was none other than accomplished Fort Lauderdale Attorney and Recovery Unplugged Co-Founder and CEO, Marshall Geisser. The event was an opportunity for members of the Florida legal community to exchange thoughts and sentiments regarding the judicial nomination process on both the state and federal levels, and discuss the long-term impact of judicial appointments. Eligible attendees also had the opportunity to earn continuing legal education (CLE) credits and gain invaluable insight from the Governor and some of the state’s top legal experts.
The event included a panel entitled “Successfully Nominating the Judicial Nominating Commission” which featured prominent Florida circuit court judges and members of the Florida JNC. The dinner was sponsored and presented by the Miami-Dade Bar Association, the Daily Business Review, & the Spellman-Hoeveler Inns of Court. Co-sponsors included University of Miami’s School Law, Florida International University’s School of Law, the Miami Beach Bar Association and the Miami Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. It was held just two days before Governor Scott’s appoint of three new faces to Florida’s JNC: one to the Seventh Circuit and two to the 12th.
Events like these are important because state-level JNC appointments are often directly tied to states’ policies on enforcement for drug-related crimes. These appointments can directly contribute to a state’s collective legal attitude when it comes the issue of treatment vs. incarceration. With over 20 years of criminal defense experience in private practice and a fierce commitment to addiction treatment, we could think of no more appropriate person to attend this event than our CEO. Recovery Unplugged was proud to have a member of our team not only present, but actively involved in such an important and high-level conversation.
We take our music-focused treatment for addiction very seriously, so we are going to hold our content to the same precision standards. Recovery Unplugged’s editorial process involves our editing safeguard and our ideals. Read our Editorial Process.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?