- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Mental Health Rehab
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?
Is PHP Addiction Treatment Right for Me?
Dominic NicosiaFebruary 22, 2021
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are an increasingly common mode of care for people struggling with substance use disorder. PHP addiction treatment provides a more in-depth level of care than regular outpatient or intensive outpatient (IOP) programs, while still allowing you or your loved one to stay present in everyday life. This type of care is ideal for someone who needs intensive and focused treatment for the totality of their addiction or substance use, but for whatever reason, can’t spend time in a residential or inpatient program. There are multiple clinical and experiential benefits to PHP treatment for addiction, but it’s important to verify if it’s the right move for you or someone you care about who is battling addiction.
How Does PHP Treatment Work?
PHP addiction treatment provides comprehensive medical and behavioral care for substance use disorder in a hybrid outpatient and ambulatory (medical) setting. You or your loved one will not stay overnight during your treatment program; but may spend up to 20-40 hours per week in a treatment for comprehensive medical and behavioral care. You will not receive 24-hour monitoring. PHP programs for addiction treatment typically last around 10-15 days, after which you or your loved one may “step down” or transition to a regular outpatient treatment program. PHP treatment provides a number of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive, targeted and in-depth medical and behavioral care.
- Ability to return home to manage family and work every day.
- More affordable than inpatient or residential care.
- Consolidates all levels of care into one program.
- Education and supportive guidance about the disease of addiction through classes and counseling.
Many people who are struggling with addiction go through PHP treatment when they’re transitioning between inpatient/residential care and outpatient treatment. Some PHP addiction treatment programs also offer sober living or transitional housing for patients who need extra support during the early stages of their recovery.
What Happens in PHP Treatment?
PHP treatment for addiction is also often referred to as a partial day program because you or your loved one will come each day for a full day of care and return home after your treatment session. Treatment consists of a variety of behavioral therapies, including group therapy, individual counseling and others, depending on your care needs and program resources. PHP addiction treatment can also coordinate with medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for those struggling with opioid use disorder who are looking to explore therapy with Vivitrol® or Suboxone®, and family programs for those looking to rebuild their family connections that have suffered in the wake of their alcohol or drug use.
Does Insurance Cover PHP Treatment?
Private and public insurance providers readily cover PHP treatment, but the scope of your coverage will depend on your individual insurance plan. If you’re seeking PHP treatment through Medicare, you will pay a certain percentage of the approved amount for each service and Medicare will cover the rest. Medicare coverage is generally limited to resources like occupational therapy and counseling. You may need services beyond what Medicare can cover if you’re considering PHP treatment for addiction. If you’re seeking treatment through Medicaid, your scope of coverage will be determined by multiple factors, including the state you live in and your individual plan benefits. Private insurance coverage will also depend on the scope of your plan and what individual services your provider will cover. Contact your insurance company or the facility from which you’re seeking treatment for a full insurance verification.
PHP Treatment at Recovery Unplugged
Recovery Unplugged is ready to help you or your loved one overcome alcohol or drug addiction through comprehensive and compassionate PHP treatment. Our programs are staffed with trained doctors, nurses and mental health professionals who can provide a full continuum of care. We offer PHP treatment at our facilities in Fort Lauderdale, Austin and Northern Virginia and are in network with most major insurance companies to make care more affordable and accessible. We also offer other levels of care, including residential, inpatient, outpatient and intensive outpatient to help you heal at your own pace and according to your own care needs.
Our evidence-based PHP addiction treatment in Florida, Texas and Virginia is assisted by our music-focused approach to care. Our clients use emotionally resonant and relatable music to help them more readily embrace treatment. Clients are given personalized playlists that serve as the soundtrack to their recovery to help inspire, motivate and confront difficult emotions and experiences. We also offer music spaces and creative writing exercises to help you articulate your emotions in ways that may be difficult in talk therapy.
You don’t have to spend another second struggling with substance abuse on your own. Recovery Unplugged is ready to guide you toward the care you need so you can overcome drugs and alcohol. Contact us today to learn more about our PHP addiction treatment program. Our admissions staff is standing by 24-7 to help you.