Common Types of Supplemental Treatment Therapies
No treatment program should be identical to another. The issues and circumstances that trigger substance abuse are as unique to each individual and must be treated as such. Although there are some universal elements of quality treatment (detoxification, group therapy, individualized counseling, etc.), each patient deserves a customized and targeted treatment program for the maximum level of success. One of the fundamental elements to this level of individualized treatment is the availability of different supplemental therapy techniques. More and more treatment facilities are integrating historically non-traditional therapies in an effort to give patients a well-rounded recovery experience. Many of these techniques have been game-changers for patients looking to strengthen their recovery and live addiction-free in their everyday lives.
Although there is a seemingly endless array of these techniques that are discussed, a select few have been clinically proven to help patients with the behavioral and physical rigors of the recovery process, whether it’s acute withdrawal-related pain, anxiety, depression or anything else. There are certain tried-and-true techniques that have incalculable benefits to the post-treatment recovery process, two of which include:
Arts-Based Therapy – Creative therapies not only allow patients to better express themselves in ways that talk therapy can’t; they also strengthen confidence, unlock emotions and help us nurture our emotional growth. Whether it’s drawing a picture, producing a song, writing a poem or story or anything else, art-based therapy helps us to improve our sense of accomplishment and get more in touch with our feelings in the process. More and more treatment facilities are offering art therapy, creative writing and music-based therapy because of their proven results.
Holistic Therapy – Holistic therapies help patients align their physical, psychological and even spiritual wellness. Some common holistic therapy techniques include yoga, meditation, qi gong, tai chi and acupuncture. These techniques help patients manage their chronic pain and harness the energy necessary to live comfortably with their withdrawal symptoms. Nutritional counseling and fitness are two other fundamental elements of this therapeutic category.
The addiction treatment landscape has evolved considerably to offer specialized care to almost every type of patient. Other types of therapy include professionally targeted programs and medication-assisted treatment.
Recovery Unplugged has recent released an eBook that more deeply explores the benefits, purpose and types of supplemental treatment techniques in addiction care. The document discusses the efficacy of historically non-traditional therapies and their role in the continuously innovating modern-day treatment paradigm. Check it out today!
We take our music-focused treatment for addiction very seriously, so we are going to hold our content to the same precision standards. Recovery Unplugged’s editorial process involves our editing safeguard and our ideals. Read our Editorial Process.
- Drug & Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers
- Fort Lauderdale Drug Rehab
- West Palm Beach Drug Rehab
- Alcohol & Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
- Virginia Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Rehabs in Florida
- Tennessee Drug Rehab
- Rehabs in Washington, DC
- Am I an Addict?
- Helping You Detox Off Drugs and Alcohol
- Our Residential Treatment Program
- Our Inpatient Drug Treatment Program
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
- Partial Hospitalization Program
- Medication Assisted Treatment Program (MAT)
- Our Music-Assisted Treatment
- Faith Based Recovery Programs
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy
- Resource for Knowing What Drugs Smell Like
- 5 Children's Books That Discuss Drugs and Alcohol
- How Do Drugs and Alcohol Affect Your Sex Life?
- HBO Series Euphoria Follows Woman Suffering from Drug Addiction
- Suboxone - Is it Obsolete?
- Rebuilding Relationships After Addiction
- A Guide to What Drugs Look Like and How to Identify Them by Appearance
- Do You Have A Sports Addiction?
- The Lasting Scars of Self-Harm
- The Best Composers to Listen to While Healing
- This One Time, I went to Rehab in Mexico
- Alcohol and Job Loss: Getting Help before Getting Fired
- How Long Does Valium Withdrawal Last?