If you need addiction treatment in Florida, you’re not alone. Millions of Floridians, from Fort Lauderdale and Miami to Naples and Fort Myers to Lake Worth and Pompano Beach and all other areas of the state struggle with drug and alcohol dependency. It’s nothing to be ashamed of, and you don’t need to feel guilty for asking for help. Central Florida has experienced a 70 percent surge during the COVID-19 Pandemic, while overdose calls in Jacksonville in other areas have increased at least 20 percent over the past 18 months.
These numbers mean two things: you’re NOT alone and you DO need help before it’s too late. As you or your loved one search for addiction treatment in Florida, here are some things you need to know in order to get the most effective care.
What Kind of Treatment Do I Need?
There are many different types of addiction treatment in Florida. During your search for help, it helps to ask and answer the following questions:
- How bad is my substance use?
- How long and how much have I been using?
- What kind of substances am I using?
- Have I been to treatment before?
- What is my insurance situation?
- How bad are my withdrawal symptoms?
- Should I and CAN I go away for treatment?
- Do I have any medical issues associated with my addiction?
Common Types of Addiction Treatment
The answer to these questions will help to determine the type of treatment you need. Common types of addiction treatment in Florida include:
- Detoxification (Detox) – Medical care to help you manage withdrawal and safely get excess drugs and alcohol out of your system. Detox generally lasts three to seven days, after which it’s a good idea to enter behavioral rehab.
- Inpatient Rehab – Inpatient rehab lasts anywhere from seven to 28 days and often includes residential care. It offers the chance to remove yourself from the toxic circumstances that lead to and drive addiction and focus on getting the help you need.
- Outpatient Rehab – Outpatient and intensive outpatient (IOP) treatment include daily treatment sessions that vary in length, based on the program’s scope. They include counseling, group therapy and supplemental therapies to help you address the root causes and sustaining factors associated with your addiction.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs) – PHP treatment includes a combination of outpatient care and sober living if applicable and you’re eligible.
Inpatient and residential treatment are generally viable for those who have been through outpatient treatment and have relapsed and those who need a higher level of care because of associated trauma or mental health issues. Detox can be coordinated with any level of treatment you or your loved one need.
The type of care you receive may also, to a large extent, depend on your level of insurance coverage. Outpatient rehab is the most common type because it allows you to stay present in your life and it’s often more readily covered by insurance.
Does My Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment in Florida?
The short answer is “most likely.” The chances are that at least some level of your addiction treatment will be . How much coverage you have depends on your specific treatment plan.
When you’re looking for addiction treatment in Florida, find out if the treatment centers you’re considering are in-network with your insurance company. This means they will have pre-negotiated rates (discounted) rates to make care more affordable.
Recovery Unplugged Lake Worth and Fort Lauderdale Treatment Centers are in-network with nearly all major insurance companies, including but not limited to Cigna, Aetna and more.
How Do I Start Addiction Treatment in Florida?
If you’re reading this, the next step is to call a member of our admissions staff for a full insurance verification and assessment. Our representatives are standing by 24-7 to help evaluate your situation and figure out what level of care is right for you, based on your case history and other unique factors. If you need assistance getting to one of our Florida treatment centers, we may be able to arrange a flight so you can start your treatment immediately.
Don’t let questions get in the way of the only real answer for your substance use disorder. Call Recovery Unplugged today to start your treatment. We’re ready to answer any questions you have about addiction treatment in Florida. You don’t have to be another casualty of the Florida addiction epidemic. Whether you’re struggling with severe alcoholism or on the verge of developing full-blown drug addiction, Recovery Unplugged is ready to help. Our facilities are pet friendly and we offer specialized LGBTQ+-friendly addiction treatment programs to help patients in this community feel safe, valued and protected. Call us now so we can help you.