Virtual Rehab in Nashville for Addiction and Mental Health
Facts About Addiction and Mental Health
Addiction and mental health disorders often go hand-in-hand. This is because some illegal drugs can exacerbate latent mental illnesses, people with mental health problems may abuse drugs to escape or try to treat their own symptoms (self-medication), and both mental illness and substance abuse share underlying causes like early exposure to trauma, brain composition, and/or genetic issues.
Addiction and mental health facts:
- Over one in four adults with serious mental health problems also have substance abuse issues.
- The most common mental health issues found alongside addiction include depression, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, mood disorders, and personality disorders.
- The most common substance use disorder in the US is alcoholism, but opioid abuse is rising.
- Almost 21 million Americans have an addiction, but only 10% are in treatment.
To discover how our virtual addiction recovery programs can help you overcome substance abuse, please contact Recovery Unplugged at 855-206-1124 today.
Barriers to Treatment for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Some of the most common issues that prevent people from seeking mental health and drug and alcohol addiction treatment in Nashville and throughout the U.S. are:
- Being unable to leave home for treatment because you are a single parent or you need to stay home to care for people and pets and take care of other vital responsibilities.
- Having a job or career you cannot step away from for a significant amount of time without damaging your reputation or your future.
- Having mental or physical health issues that make it feel impossible to seek help, including being immunocompromised or being unable to leave medical caregivers or be in a shared public space
- Being in college or university, or an intern, and being unable to leave without serious financial repercussions or damaging your prospects
- Certain areas of the country lack appropriate care, or wait times are ten months or longer.
Virtual Rehab for Addiction and Mental Health
At Recovery Unplugged, we offer a virtual intensive outpatient program for clients who cannot leave their homes for residential treatment for various reasons but who need substance abuse treatment and/or mental health care. In our virtual IOP, you can access therapy sessions like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), group therapy, music-assisted therapy, education, dual diagnosis treatment, support, one-on-one counseling, and even family therapy with your loved one from the comfort of your own home.
Benefits of Virtual Rehab for Addiction and Mental Health
Benefits of virtual rehab include:
- Privacy and anonymity will keep you safe and ensure your treatment is discreet
- It is easily accessible from anywhere in the country
- You can live your life as normally as possible while receiving the drug addiction treatment, alcohol addiction treatment, and/or mental health treatment you need
- Being able to live at home with support from loved ones
Virtual Rehab in Nashville
At Recovery Unplugged, our Nashville, TN alcohol and drug addiction recovery programs integrate music into every level of care and treatment plan. Even if you are receiving your alcohol and drug rehab at home, we will incorporate listening, creating, and appreciating music into your intensive outpatient IOP. Your program may also include treatments like:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy
- Relapse prevention and education
- An aftercare program that includes connections to sober living homes,
- Dual diagnosis for co-occurring disorders like PTSD or mental illness, with depression treatment, anxiety treatment, and others integrated into substance abuse treatment.
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy and family programs
Along with our intensive outpatient IOP treatment plans, we offer other care levels to those who need it. These programs include medication-assisted detox services and medical detox plans, partial hospitalization (PHP) plans and other outpatient drug and alcohol services, a residential treatment program for inpatient addiction treatment, an alumni program, and other aftercare programs to help patients sustain a lasting recovery when outside our addiction treatment center in Nashville.
Please contact our Recovery Unplugged treatment center at 855-206-1124 for more information on our virtual intensive outpatient program and other treatment programs, insurance verification, remote monitoring, and admissions process, and how our music-focused programming will help you recover goals.