Virtual IOP Programs in Fort Lauderdale
Overcoming Barriers to Addiction Treatment With Virtual Therapy
A Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (online IOP) may be the solution for many people needing addiction treatment. In an online treatment program, patients have full access to the same doctors, licensed therapists, drug addiction, and health treatment plans as anybody entering an in-person IOP. This access makes a virtual IOP program nearly as effective as inpatient rehab for most substance use disorders.
Common barriers people come up against when it comes to accessing care in substance abuse and addiction treatment centers include:
- Being a traveling professional or executive who cannot sacrifice their reputation or career by checking in to inpatient rehab or needing to stay in one place to go to outpatient therapy sessions in-house
- Being unable to leave college or university due to the risk of losing scholarships/housing or for privacy reasons
- Having a social phobia or anxiety disorder that makes it challenging to seek external help
- Being an immunocompromised person or requiring social distancing for other health reasons
- Needing to stay home with your kids or to take care of the household
To discover how our addiction recovery programs can help you overcome substance abuse, please contact Recovery Unplugged at (954) 736-4388 today.
What Is Virtual IOP?
Virtual IOP is one of the levels of care available in some substance abuse treatment facilities. It offers intensive outpatient treatment programs online. This flexibility allows patients to access therapy sessions, including cognitive behavioral therapy, music-assisted therapy, and more, along with group and family therapy, education, information, support, and virtual care doctor’s appointments via phone call or video chat from the comfort of your home. A virtual program makes it easy and safe to attend IOP for anybody, making rehab for drugs and alcohol more accessible.
Who Is a Good Candidate for VIOP?
Because of the lack of physical oversight and structure, virtual IOPs will not work for everybody. The best candidates for virtual intensive outpatient rehab treatment programs will:
- Either live at home with good sober support or inside a sober living home
- Not be experiencing mental or physical health issues that need 24-hour monitoring and care
- Not be experiencing withdrawal symptoms
- Have their cravings under control and be able to resist drug and alcohol use on their own
- Be willing to show up for virtual treatment on time, and stay on schedule in the virtual IOP program
Virtual Addiction Treatment Aftercare
Aftercare provided through virtual outpatient treatment plans is an excellent solution for people who do not live near the residential facility but want to continue to access care, support, and a sober community after inpatient or intensive outpatient rehab. All aftercare and support can be provided online, allowing patients to live their lives to the fullest as they remain connected to the help they need in recovery.
Virtual IOP at Recovery Unplugged
The online intensive outpatient program available through Recovery Unplugged uses a combination of evidence-based treatment, behavioral health care, and holistic treatments, all provided by licensed, professional treatment providers, doctors, and therapists, in a practical, customized program created to best help you as an individual. Intensive outpatient program treatments include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family sessions
- Education and advice
- Remote monitoring
- Group therapy
We integrate music in all of our comprehensive care plans at Recovery Unplugged. We believe that music is medicine, and even if you are doing your program from home, we will incorporate listening, creating, and appreciating music into your schedule.
Alongside the online intensive outpatient program, our treatment team also offers other levels of care to those who need it, including:
- Medication-assisted detox services and medical detoxification
- Inpatient rehab for residential treatment that takes place inside the recovery center
- In-house intensive outpatient program (IOP), partial hospitalization program (PHP) options, and other outpatient treatment plans
Dual diagnosis treatments are often in an inpatient program. Still, they may also be offered through an integrated addiction and virtual mental health IOP in some cases, for those with co-occurring mental health disorders like bipolar disorder, mood and anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, etc., with mental health treatment integrated into each step of your program.
Conditions we treat include alcohol addiction, drug addiction, and dual diagnosis. If you have questions about our online intensive outpatient treatment programs and paying for treatment, or if you want to verify insurance coverage or make sure we are in-network with your insurance providers, call the Recovery Unplugged treatment center in Fort Lauderdale at (954) 736-4388 today. The admissions process is easy and can also be done remotely, getting you the help you need as efficiently as possible.