Ana C. Carbonell is the Clinical Manager at Recovery Unplugged, Fort Lauderdale. She holds an MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of San Diego and is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) and has a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Sociology from Florida State University.
Ana has specialized training in Spanish language therapy for mental health and substance use disorders, and over the past decade, Ana has been actively involved in supporting underserved communities. Her experience ranges from working as a suicide hotline operator to providing treatment in state-funded outpatient facilities.
Bachelors from Florida State University in Psychology and Sociology
MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (University of San Diego)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) Lic # MH21285
- Location: Fort Lauderdale
- Current Title: Clinical Manager
- Education History /Special Designations, etc:I was awarded a grant through the Health Resources and Services Administration to work specifically with underserved Mono-lingual Spanish speaking populations in San Diego and received Specialized training in Spanish language therapy for mental health and substance use related disorders.
- Any personal facts/information: I have worked with underserved communities for the last 10 years starting with work as a suicide hotline operator, then working for various state funded outpatient facilities treating individuals with severe mental illnesses (SMI) like psychosis spectrum disorders, mood disorders, and personality disorders. As my background was primary mental health with some substance use I decided to make a change when I noticed the high correlation between Substance use and these SMI’s.