Mac Miller Dead of An Apparent Overdose
Mac Miller was found dead in his San Fernando Valley home just hours ago from an apparent overdose. A friend called the police from Mac’s house and was pronounced dead when they arrived at the scene. The 26-year-old hip hop artist from Pittsburgh has been dealing with substance abuse for nearly ten years now, getting sober in 2014, but relapsing since and openly struggling after his break up with pop sensation Ariana Grande in the spring.
In May, Mac Miller was arrested for a hit and run DUI when he crashed his car, completely totaling and wrapping it around a light pole and blowing nearly double the legal BAC limit. Grande revealed that his drug and alcohol abuse were a major factor for their separation after two years together and voiced concern for his wellbeing multiple times this year. Mac Miller has been releasing music that speaks about his drug use and features subtle cries for help since 2012.
Yet another music artist taken from us too young due to drug and alcohol addiction. We send our condolences to Mac Miller’s family, friends, and fans all around the world. If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse, speak up and get help today. Don’t allow this young man’s life to be lost in vain.